Early Childhood Educational Program
Our Kindergarten Educational Program is delivered in accordance with the outcomes of the following Early Years Learning Frameworks:
The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia “Belonging, Being and Becoming”
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (0-8yrs)
These Frameworks identifies 5 Learning Outcomes that describes the knowledge, skills and disposition that we want for all children.
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of Identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to his or her world.
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved Learners.
Outcome 5: Children are effective Communicators.
Information for parents – 4 yr old Group Kinder program:
Information about the Kindergarten educational program is easily accessible to parents. The Early Years Learning Framework information is displayed in the Kinder Classroom and in the Kindergarten group’s Visual Diary.
The Early Years Learning Framework says that: ‘Children’s learning is ongoing and each child will progress towards the outcomes in different and equally meaningful ways’.
Monitoring Individual Children’s Progress – 4 yr Groups
- Each child is observed and progress is recorded in all areas of their development.
- Individual objectives are set, on a regular basis, for each child to achieve or to work towards achieving.
- Opportunities are available for parents to informally discuss your child’s progress with the Educator or an appointment can be arranged for a more formal discussion.
- The Educator will approach parents if there are any concerns regarding a child’s development & arrange a time to discuss with parents.
- Opportunities are available for Parents to provide feedback about the program,.
- At Mid Year there will be interviews allowing further information regarding your child’s progress.
- At the end of the year, the Educators will prepare a School Transition Learning and Development Statement for each child, going to school in the following year as authorised by DEECD, Department of Education & Early Childhood Development.
School Transition Learning and Development Statement:
The Transition Learning and Development Statement reflects the “Victorian Early Years Learning & Development Framework” outcomes.
This provides an opportunity for families & educators to contribute to a formal written statement about each child’s learning & development in the early childhood environment.
The information in the statement helps Prep teachers to get to know the children entering their classes before they start, & to plan for each child’s learning & development when they start school.
Each child will have a Portfolio which is a collection of your child’s work to document your child’s participation in the program during their first year of education. These include evidence of assessment & to demonstrate your child’s abilities and progress in developmental areas towards learning outcomes in relation to your child.
Your child’s portfolio will be unique, as each child’s age, level of development and interests will be different. Each child’s portfolio is only to be accessed by the child and family members.
The portfolio will include:
- Parent’s profile of your child including background information.
- Work samples such as drawings, art work, & attempts at writing and other skills.
- Photographs of your child participating in all aspects of the program
Each 4 Year old group will have Visual Diary on display near the children’s art boxes.
This is a special folder for parents & friends to read to gain an overview of the special features of our Kindergarten activities throughout the year. We will include written explanations as well as photographs of the children participating in activities.